Conversation to Action Mini-Grant Guidelines
On the Table Milly participants will be eligible to apply for mini-grants to strengthen community, deepen civic involvement, and cultivate new ideas developed during their conversations. Conversation to Action funding will range in amount from $100 to $1,000, with anywhere from 20-40 awards expected, contingent on quantity and viability of applications. A total of $15,000 is available for funding.
Priority will be given to projects that demonstrate a majority of the following:
- Feature a new idea generated through an On the Table Milly conversation
- Focus on action and collaboration to provide innovative, more efficient approaches to solving community issues
- Address needs not currently being met by an existing organization
- Reach a broad segment of the community
- Open to individuals, groups and organizations. (For nonprofit applicants, standard Foundation grant eligibility applies. Documentation required for individual applicants.)
– Ongoing operational expenses are unlikely to be funded.
– The Foundation will consider applications from faith-based organizations for non-sectarian, community outreach programs.
How to Apply
You will need a User ID and Password for Spectrum Web Portal to access the online application. Then, complete the online Conversation to Action Grant application form, which will require attaching the following documents in electronic format.
- Project Budget Summary – should include all revenue sources (requested, pending & received) and expenses for the specific project.
- For Organizations – Current IRS Determination Letter – should indicate 501(c)3 tax-exempt status. If no designation, a statement detailing the status of an application with the Federal government or future application plans may be submitted, along with a statement of charitable purpose.
- For Organizations – Most Recent Financial Audit Report or Most Recent IRS Form 990 (If your organization has both, please submit the Financial Audit Report.
Late, hardcopy, or incomplete applications will not considered for funding. Please do not include any other forms or information other than what is required as outlined above. Applicants will be contacted if more information is needed.
Please contact the Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org or (478) 750-9338 if you have any questions.
The Community Foundation of Central Georgia believes that equal opportunity is important for the continuing success of our organization. In accordance with state, federal, and municipal laws, this Foundation intends to comply with these laws which preclude discrimination because of race, disability, creed, religion, gender, age, national origin or any other protected classification.
If you need assistance, please contact the Community Foundation via email at email@example.com or phone (478) 750-9338.